Ingham, St. Bartholomew

This grade 2* listed building is used both as place of worship and as a community space, the only one the village has. 

The tower is older than the rest of the church walling and dates from the middle of the 14th century.

The interior of the church was remodelled in 1861.  In 1986 the Victorian pews and pulpit were removed and the nave is now used much as it was before the Reformation. A kitchen and toilet were added in 1989 and a catering quality kitchen installed in 2016.

The last major project was to install new heating so that the building is now comfortably warm.  In addition to some of the Church run activities listed above, it also hosts a successful monthly community café, serving a hot three-course lunch to over 30 people, and a weekly “Cuppa ‘n Chat” to reach out to people feeling isolated.  The PCC have agreed to the installation of mobile aerials in the church tower and we await a satisfactory outcome to ongoing negotiations.

There is plenty of parking space for visitors in the churchyard to the north of the church.

ing1.jpg  ing10.jpg  ing5.jpg  Ingham-Nave.jpg

 

CUP_AND_CROSS_SMALL.jpg
Upcoming services in Ingham Church and the rest of the Blackbourne Team