Euston, St. Genevieve

Euston is blessed with a beautiful parish church, set amid the open parkland adjacent to Euston Hall.   It is one of only four Wren style Restoration churches built outside London in the 1670's. Only two sections of the Gothic tower remain. The church was rebuilt by Lord Arlington in 1676 and has a wonderful mid 17th century interior.  The foundation stone in the south wall was laid by the first Duchess of Grafton who was Arlington's daughter. 

The churchyard is a Suffolk Wildlife site.

Euston church is open with guides on duty when Euston Hall, with its wonderful collection of Old Masters and furniture, is open to the public on advertised days between May and September. Visitors also have the chance to view the wonderful Hall grounds, which feature landscaping by John Evelyn, William Kent and Lancelot Capability Brown and can visit the water mill, bygones exhibition and excellent tearooms. All profits from these open days are donated to charity. The present Duke and Duchess have carried out a massive restoration of both the house and grounds over the last four years.

The church key is available by contacting Edward Wortley -  01842 752224.   With advanced booking, a guide can be available to conduct a tour around the building.


euston12.jpg  euston13.jpg  euston3.jpg  euston9.jpg


Upcoming services in Euston Church and the rest of the Blackbourne Team