Barnham, St Gregory
The church of St Gregory is a modest and appealing little building, well cared- for, much loved and in regular use. It stands prominently in the Village Street, within the Barnham Conservation area, and its tower is a focal point from many parts of the parish. It is built of flint with stone dressings and has a steeply pitched roof. The basic structure dates from the 13th century, with the tower a 14th century addition. In the 1860's the 5th Duke of Grafton, patron of the living, had the interior refitted and the north aisle added. In the chancel is a fine 13th century piscina and on the south side of the nave are the arms of William III of c.1695. The churchyard is surrounded by mature lime trees and is still in use for burials.
The church is open daily throughout the year.
Upcoming services in Barnham Church and the rest of the Blackbourne Team